Turn your organization’s social data into actionable intelligence.
Today, the average enterprise-class company owns 131 social media accounts, while as many as 13 departments — from marketing to HR to legal — are actively engaged in social media.
However, social media –- and as a result, social data — are still largely isolated from business-critical enterprise data sourced from platforms such as Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Business Intelligence (BI) and market research.
The risk is that social media becomes a silo, yielding isolated findings that lead to partially-informed decisions, internal discord, missed opportunities and lack of visibility.
How Altimeter Can Help
The Social Data Intelligence Roadmap consists of a comprehensive, company-wide assessment, covering 35 aspects of internal readiness for social data intelligence, including:
- Scope: the number of internal groups that work with social data and the scope of data to be measured: which platforms, which data points, and why
- Strategy: the extent to which social data — and metrics — are in alignment with strategic business objectives across the organization
- Context: the extent to which the organization can view social data in various contexts to understand what is typical, what is unusual, and the drivers for each
- Governance: the extent to which the organization has developed, socialized, and formalized processes related to workflow, collaboration, and data sharing
- Metrics: the extent to which metrics have been defined and socialized throughout the business
- Data: a strategic approach to the data and platforms at an organization’s disposal
The assessment leverages a proprietary research framework created by Altimeter Group, and facilitates the creation of a Social Data Intelligence scorecard, and an accompanying “maturity map” for social data strategy. By the conclusion of the project, numerous key stakeholders across the organization will have been interviewed, and clients will have a clear assessment of their organization’s maturity with regard to social data.
Below: Sample Social Data Intelligence Scorecard
This holistic view will drive a series of pragmatic recommendations, mapped to scorecard findings, which give actionable steps to identify opportunities and risk, improve business performance and gain competitive advantage.
Altimeter Group’s Social Data Intelligence (SDI) Roadmap is designed for business leaders, who are currently using, or plan to use, social signals as an input into business decision-making and performance management. The SDI Roadmap will bring valuable insight to executives who are engaged in Analytics, Social Media, and Digital, Marketing and Strategy – giving them the clarity, vision and insight to pull actionable intelligence from social data.
What Our Clients are Saying
“Demand for social media insights is growing fast at Adobe, and our measurement initiatives have grown to match that demand. After working with Altimeter Group on the SDI Roadmap, Adobe has a more comprehensive view of how to prioritize social data efforts to quickly scale delivery of social insights across the organization. This knowledge has helped us create a clear roadmap for implementing social measurement governance strategy and establish management priorities that will drive our business forward.”
– Maria Saltz, Senior Manager of Social Media Analytics, Adobe
Our advisory is based on research. For previous research related to this offering, please refer to:
- Report: Social Data Intelligence: Integrating Social and Enterprise Data for Competitive Advantage (July 25, 2013)
- Report: The Social Media ROI Cookbook: Six Ingredients Top Brands Use to Measure the Revenue Impact of Social Media (August 10, 2011)
- Report: A Framework for Social Analytics (August 10, 2011)
Interested in learning more? Please send your inquiry via our Contact page and we’ll be in touch immediately.