Altimeter Academy provides a research-based and frequently updated curriculum that helps organizations build the foundation for successful social business programs.
The purpose of social media training is not simply to learn the in’s and out’s of how to use these technologies. It is also to:
- Create alignment, judgment, and confidence in how social media is deployed through an organization
- Understand how internal change will impact organizational structures, roles, policies, and processes
- Keep up with constantly evolving best practices
- Support business goals and minimize risks
Altimeter’s approach to training moves beyond simple awareness to create learning experiences that are engaging, active, and practical. Successfully leading and executing a social media strategy requires a mindset shift and the development of judgment that needs to be experienced.
Companies are quick to deploy social media programs without undergoing the proper internal training. This can result in:
- Employees engaging in conversations that could damage brand reputation
- Social strategists executing initiatives that are inconsistent and fail to support business goals
- Ill-informed executives who may steer the company in the wrong direction or hinder social efforts
Altimeter Academy offers four courses customized to specific roles and learning objectives, delivered either in-person or via e-learning.
- Executives. The focus is to align awareness and actions on what it means to be a social business, and also how, as a leader, they will need to evolve. The book, “Open Leadership,” is a foundational resource often used in these training sessions.
- Social Strategists. The goal is to align all social strategists on a common approach to creating and executing a social strategy. These are professionals who already know a great deal about social media, but need to align on how the organization uses social to achieve business goals. Note: Two open enrollment workshops for Social Strategists are currently being offered.
- Marketers and Communications Professionals. Social media represents just one of many channels these professionals use to engage with customers. The focus of this course is on creating a social media plan for a product, service, or line of business that is integrated with other marketing and communication efforts.
- Employees. Organizations may find that security concerns and reputation preservation may drive an initial need to educate all employees on social media. It’s also the start of transforming employees into your biggest advocates. Training focuses on understanding why and how the company engages in social media, and then on the policies, responsibilities, and opportunities that social media presents to individual employees. All training is customized to company policies and guidelines.
“Altimeter Academy was an eye opening experience for me and helped me become really strategic in how I approach social and community at Yammer. Starting with defining a vision, to creating tangible, actionable strategies to support the vision — the workshop was just what I needed to take my game to the next level. The format of a small, hands-on work group, facilitated by world-class thought leaders was an experience of a lifetime. I came to work the next day and told my boss that this was the best professional experience I’d had to date.”Maria Ogneva, Head of Community at Yammer, Inc.
“The course was not just revealing but also extremely useful and practical, particularly with regards to the generation of a holistic, convergent and coherent social media strategy. We are a social media agency operating in Peru designing social media strategies for big and medium companies of different industries and Altimeter´s social media framework is exactly what we were looking for in this course. We are currently adapting the framework to the needs of our customers.”Pablo Bermudez, Hashtag
“The Altimeter Social Business Strategy Workshop was a very engaging and structured exercise in an introspection of your company’s gaps and opportunities and enabled us to convert ideas into concrete action. You begin with your company context, do an initial self-assessment exercise in rating yourself as a social business, and then analyze and carefully document the social business objectives in the context of your company’s Vision and Mission statements and then you come up with concrete initiatives to plan, resource, and implement. The approach of looking at Idea cards, voting on the best ideas and prioritizing those ideas for implementation is very effective and refreshing. The workshop was a right-paced and truly engaged everyone in a Strategic dialogue. This workshop is a must for any Executive trying to define a Vision and a 2-Year Roadmap for his/her company’s Social Business Strategy.Madhukar Govindaraju, SVP Engineering & Technology at Spigit, Inc
To learn more about bringing Altimeter Academy programs to your organization, please complete the form below. Following form completion, you will be contacted by one of Altimeter Group’s sales team members.