Altimeter Academy helps organizations build the foundation for successful digital, social and content marketing programs. Successfully leading and executing social business or content strategy requires a mindset shift and the development of judgment that needs to be experienced. Altimeter’s research-based approach to training moves beyond simple awareness to create learning experiences that are engaging, active, and practical.
Altimeter offers three distinct Academy workshops:
“Altimeter Academy was an eye opening experience and helped me become really strategic in how I approach social and community at Yammer. Starting with defining a vision, to creating tangible, actionable strategies to support the vision — the workshop was just what I needed to take my game to the next level. The format of a small, hands-on work group, facilitated by world-class thought leaders was an experience of a lifetime. I came to work the next day and told my boss that this was the best professional experience I’d had to date.”Maria Ogneva, Head of Community at Yammer, Inc.
The Social Business Strategy Workshop is a one-day, hands-on workshop designed for social strategists and marketing executives responsible for social business inside their organizations. Students leave with pragmatic deliverables, including a draft vision, social business objectives and strategy initiatives for their specific business.
Students can expect these outcomes from the workshop:
- Create a social business strategy that drives business results through the development of effective social media initiatives appropriate to your company’s maturity level.
- Understand how to identify and map social business objectives to overall company goals.
- Create a Social Business Vision to share your strategy with key stakeholders.
- Measure the maturity of your company for social business transformation, and understand your path to the next level of maturity.
- Learn Altimeter Group’s Social Business Framework, and how to apply to your strategy.
- Identify initiatives appropriate for your business as the start of your strategy roadmap.
- Learn from and build connections with peers through the workshop’s sharing and collaboration process
Social Business Analytics Workshop
Altimeter’s Social Business Analytics Workshop is designed for social strategists, marketers, and others whose roles require them to interpret and report on social data and social media metrics. The workshop is led by Susan Etlinger, industry analyst and author of several influential research reports on social media measurement and strategy.
Participants in this half-day workshop we learn the following:
- Understand the challenges and opportunities of social data.
- Select metrics that are most relevant to your organization and map them to business objectives that executives care about.
- Build organizational capability through coaching, mentoring and training social media measurement practitioners and business users.
- Learn to evaluate social analytics tools based on your organization’s unique needs.
- Implement an effective social media measurement strategy.
Content Marketing Workshop
Altimeter’s Content Marketing Workshop is design for marketing and communications professionals. The workshop is led by Altimeter Analyst Rebecca Lieb, who has published three reports on content marketing: Content: The New Marketing Equation, The Converged Media Imperative: How Brands Must Combine Paid, Owned, and Earned Media, and Organizing for Content; as well as the book, Content Marketing. Rebecca has taught in the postgraduate digital media program at New York University. The half-day workshop is hands-on, and students leave with an understanding of how integrated content marketing can meet broader business objectives.
Students will learn the following:
- Understand the difference between Content Marketing and Content Strategy.
- Map the five step path to content maturity.
- Understand techniques for content distribution and dissemination (e.g., syndication, promotion)
- Understand how to govern a holistic, enterprise-wide content strategy (e.g., with workflow, guidelines, documentation, training, etc.)
- Learn how to conduct an content audit, to assess strengths and recognize gaps that represent opportunity.
- Learn how to analyze an organization’s content needs and how listening and responding can help drive effective content strategy.
- Understand the implications of Paid, Owned and Earned media convergence.
- Learn how to measure content strategy results.
“Altimeter Academy is a must for any executive trying to define a vision and a 2-year roadmap for their company’s Social Business Strategy. It was a very engaging and structured exercise that enabled us to convert ideas into concrete action.”Madhukar Govindaraju, SVP Engineering & Technology at Spigit, Inc.