- Organizations continue to operate in industrial-era silos that are more appropriate for the factory floor than a digital world. A chaotic marketplace — with rapidly shifting social, cultural, and technological disruptions — is forcing organizations to respond, whether ready or not. Meanwhile, competitors drive and accelerate innovation, leaving these organizations to fall even further behind. Organizations that adapt their organizational and leadership structures will be able to not just manage, but also anticipate and leverage these disruptions to stay relevant.
Pain: Why Organizations Are Paying Attention:
- Disruption: Archaic leadership and organizational structures prevent organizations from taking full advantage of new technologies. Meanwhile, employees are becoming accustomed to better tools at homes and in their pockets, while business units can bypass IT with best-in-class web- and mobile-based technologies — causing further fragmentation in enterprise IT strategy.
Who Is Affected:
- Primary: CEOs, COOs, business unit leaders, and product managers
- Secondary: CIOs and CMOs
Top Three Questions Altimeter Will Answer:
- What consumer technology trends will impact enterprise technology adoption? How do organizations predict and prepare for the next disruptive trend?
- What’s required inside an organization to make these changes — including new ways to work in decentralized, bottom-up structures and the supporting roles, policies, structures, processes, and tools?
- If an organization is directly tapped into its greater ecosystem (employees, customers, and partners), how does its role change as an organization?
Thoughts on Adaptive Organization from Industry Thought Leaders
- “How the Enterprise Adapts: Think Social@Scale,“ Sprinklr Blog, Jeremy Epstein, @jer979, @sprinklr
- “The Adaptive Marketing Organization,” The Adaptive Marketer, Gerardo A. Dada, @gerardodada
- “Adapt Survive Thrive: Three building blocks for the adaptive organisation,” BLOOM Social Business, Kate Cooper, @kate_cooper
- “Adaptive Organizations: Towards Mastery in the Moment,” Complexified’s Blog, Bruce Waltuck, @complexified
Thoughts on Adaptive Organization from Altimeter Analysts