We’re seeking a Researcher who is passionate about new technologies and how they change business and the world. You are insatiably curious about the future, and want to influence the largest companies in the world on what they should do.
Altimeter Group is a leading research-based advisory firm that provides companies with a pragmatic approach to disruptive technologies. For more information, visit altimetergroup.com.
Job Title: Researcher, Full-Time
Location: San Mateo, CA
Description: We are looking for a Researcher who will work directly with analysts to develop research and client deliverables. We’re constantly seeking what’s next and you’ll be part of the team researching new areas of disruptive technologies.
Our areas of research include:
- Social business
- Value networks
- Mobility and mobile technologies
- Open innovation
- The new digital experience
- Transforming data to knowledge
- Sustainability and corporate social responsibility
Responsibilities: As a Researcher, you will work closely with industry leaders, and learn how these disruptive technologies impact business. Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting primary research, through briefings, interviews, and quantitative surveys; as well as secondary research
- Developing, synthesizing, and delivering research findings and analysis for presentations and client projects
- Contributing to and assisting in the production and editing of Open Research reports
- Assisting in the development of research offerings like repeatable frameworks, methodologies, and scorecards
- Assisting in light marketing duties, such as events and go-to-market for research reports
- Inquisitive to the core, seeks to explore all options, challenges face value
- 3-5 years related work experience and/or demonstrated interest in technology and business
- Strong research background with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent skills in PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite helpful, but not required
- Highly organized, self-directed, and resourceful
- Personable, positive demeanor, and high integrity
- Proactive and resourceful in getting things done on time
- Sets expectations with stakeholders on completion date, scope, and current workload
- Experience working in a distributed organization (people in remote offices or on the road frequently) is ideal
- BA/BS in Business, Communications, Information Studies, English, or related
- Be empowered to advance your career, and take on additional responsibilities and learning opportunities as our company grows.
- Learn how disruptive technologies impact business and stay abreast of new technologies and technology vendors.
- Be part of an exciting organization that is shaking up the industry.
- Develop research, synthesis, and writing skills that will be valuable no matter your next career step.
- Flexible work schedule and telecommuting.
How to Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and at least one writing sample that demonstrates your critical thinking skills, in one attachment to email@example.com.