We’re seeking an Industry Analyst who is inquisitive about disruptive technologies and how they change business and the world. Altimeter Group is a leading research-based advisory firm that provides companies with a pragmatic approach to disruptive technologies.
Job Title: Industry Analyst, Full-Time
Location: Silicon Valley, CA, or other locations in United States
The Industry Analyst role is comprised of input through research and outputs through market interactions. The Analyst conducts primary research using multiple methodologies including both quantitative and qualitative to produce research reports, blog posts, speeches, and other artifacts. The Analyst also works directly with the world’s largest corporations and innovative vendors and agencies to help them leverage disruptive technologies. The Analyst applies their knowledge and thought leadership through speaking engagements, webinars, press quotes, and social media channels. The Analyst must be able to deliver pragmatic recommendations to clients, have excellent client sensibilities, and the ability to present their ideas in both written format and through public speaking.
- Responsible for generating client demand by publishing Open Research reports, speaking, and thought leadership
- Provides advisory services to Altimeter clients through quantitative and quantitative research, in-person engagements, webinars, and other methods
- Manages own client relationships, such as developing leads, nurturing relationships, and growing client engagements
- Conducts research by developing a hypothesis, then testing it through interviews, vendor briefings, surveys, utilizing secondary research, and other research methods.
- This role will work closely with the existing Altimeter analysts, and will interface with the Sales and Research teams, in a collaborative environment.
- A thought leader who guides perceptions, concepts, and ideas in their respective disruptive technology industry
- An insightful, analytical, and curious mind – yet willing to demonstrate humility to constantly improve
- Strong, impactful writing skills, and ability to be thorough yet concise
- Powerful speaking skills that command attention at industry events and keynote presentations
- Ability to deliver the “hard truth” to audiences, clients, and the industry based on their research informed perspective
- Demonstrated experience in variety of media such as press, blogs, speeches, books, and social media
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of directly relatable experience in related industry
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant industry, advanced degree preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time dependent upon client needs
- Must have a sense of humor – but never on Mondays as research indicates no one does
- Evolution of predictive analytics (optimization, pattern recognition and artificial intelligence), geomapping, and the use of advanced techniques to sense and respond.
- Data governance models, data reuse strategies, and meta-data design.
- Evolution of data models to represent enterprise operations and inter-enterprise flows.
- Emergence of new techniques and disruptive technologies for master data management.
- How organizations effectively organize to actualize BI opportunities, e.g. BI centers of excellence.
- Future of BI technologies and how to take advantage of new trends in data storage, virtualization and user interfaces, Software as a Service (SaaS) and parallel processing.