Altimeter Group helps companies understand and act on technology disruption. We provide independent research and strategy consulting to give business leaders the insight and confidence to transform their companies. We work with many of the the world’s top brands and technology companies, including nine of the Dow Jones 30 and 16 of the Fortune 100.
Altimeter was founded in 2008 by acclaimed author and industry analyst Charlene Li. Our company is based in San Mateo, CA although our team works out of San Francisco, New York, Boston and Chicago. We have a flexible culture and work environment that reflects our core values: integrity, amplify, humility, empower, holistic and #GONG.
- Primary responsibility is to provide direct advanced administrative support to two Altimeter Group analysts
- Calendar management: managing two busy calendars, accountability for meeting commitments and deadlines, prioritizing meetings and maintaining calendar changes.
- Travel arrangements: Arrange and coordinate travel schedules and itineraries using resources and knowledge of airlines, airports, ground transportation, accommodations, etc., to make thoughtful and efficient travel plans, taking into account corporate policies and individual preferences, as well as budget and time constraints.
- Expense management: Manage business expense reports and ensure expenses are submitted and approved on a timely basis using the Concur Expense platform
- Ability to professionally interface with all levels throughout an organization
- Outstanding document preparation skills including drafting, editing and proofing different types of documents, including agreements, memos, correspondence and presentation materials (e.g., PowerPoint presentations), and managing complex editorial changes to documents from multiple parties. Includes copying, distribution (internal & external) & follow-up, and coordination as needed with other, such as routing, signature and delivery of contracts.
- Be a strong team member, colleague and representative of the Altimeter brand.
- Organize and administer meetings, both on and off-site, which may include extensive arrangements, depending on the nature of the meeting and the location of the participants.
- Strong organizational and timing management skills to set priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Demonstrate good judgment, initiative, reliability, accountability, accuracy, professionalism, teamwork and problem solving.
- Proactively identify needs without being asked.
- Ability to remain focused in situations involving multiple interruptions.
- Ability to see the big picture, while keeping an eye on the detail.
- Creative approaches to problem solving.
- Ability to handle confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Work independently and within a team on ad hoc and ongoing projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain composure and diplomacy when working under pressure, deadlines, and tenuous or ambiguous circumstances.
- Act as a main point of contact between traveling executive/analyst and the rest of the team.
- 5 years of executive administrative experience
- Experience with Salesforce and Concur Expenses required
- Must have experience working in the cloud (Google apps: Mail, Calendar and Drive; Box)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Exceptional, timely, accurate and dependable word processing abilities a must, including handling a high volume and multiple priorities. (typing at least 45 wpm)
To be considered for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Madeleine Castillo at careers (at) altimetergroup.com.