By Jeremiah Owyang
How should a modern organization factor in mobile devices and social technologies into their learning programs? That’s the exact question the Altimeter Group was posed with to answer for the mLearnCon 2011 conference today in San Jose.
In fact, we found that there’s six distinct disruptions that need to be harnessed which we call the:
Framework: The Mobile & Social Learning Honeycomb
These six ‘cells’ so to speak have 6 opportunities to take advantage of, they include:
- Who Creates: From Expert to Crowd
- Who Learns: From Siloed to Group
- What Curriculum Is: From Static to Dynamic
- When It Takes Place: From Fixed Time to Time-Shifted
- Where it takes place: From Fixed Location to Anywhere
- How it is consumed: From Comprehensive to Component-based
Above: Framework: Mobile & Social Learning Honeycomb
Update: Clark Quinn created this mindmap of the presentation, thanks Clark. I’ll cross link to any reviews, just leave a comment, here’s a photo from the back of the room, a couple hundred folks, and see this wrap up from David Kelly.