I’m going to be speaking at several events over the next few weeks on a variety of topics that you may find interesting. When appropriate, I post the slides on SlideShare and also link to any relevant videos of the speech. You can also see a complete calendar of events where I’ll be speaking.
I’m excited to share these ideas and research over the next few weeks and would love to know if you have anything specific that you’d like me to explore in these areas. Hope to catch up with some of you at these
- Thursday, Jan. 22nd: “The Future of Social Networks: An Update On Where We Are” a speech for the SFAMA, the San Francisco chapter of the American Marketing Association which will be at the Adaptive Path offices in San Francisco. I’ll be updating and expanding on the speech that I did at Defrag, with a specific focus on how social networks — and specifically, the open social graph — are being used for marketing purposes. To register, visit this registration page on the SFAMA site.
- Monday, Jan. 26th: “The Personal CPM“, a panel discussion at OMMA Social in San Francisco. The personal CPM is an idea that I wrote about last year, that in a social networking context, people
with different levels of influence among their peers will be accorded
CPMs, based on their influence-ability. We’re now seeing signs of actual commercial development of platforms that tap into this idea. Four companies will be joining me on the panel: 33Across, Brand Networks, Media6°, and SocialVibe.
- Tuesday, Jan. 27th: “Creating A Fast Learning Organization“, a speech with the Advertising Research Foundation at their 2009 Industry Leader Forum Program in San Francisco. I’ll be discussing ho in a fast-moving environment, the entire organization needs to be a
learning machine, able to understand and respond to market and customer
changes on a moment’s notice.
- Friday, Jan. 30th: “How To Spark A Conversation Revolution — AND Keep Your Job” with The Participatory Marketing Network in a Webinar. I’ll be discussion how to identify where your participatory marketing efforts will have the greatest impact, how to get started, and most importantly, how to break down internal resistance to engagement.
- Tuesday, Feb. 10th: “Transformation Based On Social Technologies” at the FASTForward ’09 conference in Las Vegas. In this keynote address, I’ll be discussing in broad strokes how social media is transforming the way we think about business and customers — and how the user experience needs to change in everything from search to online shopping.
- Thursday, Feb. 12th: “Strategy and Tactics: Start with a Plan” at the Cisco Partner Velocity 09 conference in Miami, FL. I’ll be discussing how to develop a successful social media strategy that supports an organization’s overall strategic goals.
- Saturday, March 14th 16th: “The Future Of Social Networks” at the SXSW Interactive Festival in Austin, TX. The link above is to the original speech submission, but there is also a SXSW post that provides some context for the speech. This speech is a continuation of my research in this area, but will be a far more wide ranging and forward looking speech into what’s real today and what’s possible in the future.